What Home Nursing Care Means?
What To Expect From Nursing Care Services At Home?
Home care nursing starts only after the recommendation of a doctor, and it is important for the patient to see a home nurse as often as a doctor. The nursing services as mentioned before are provided by registered nurses who help in ongoing medical support and rehabilitative care.
The basic medical attention one can expect from a nursing assistant are as follows:
- Home care nurses on their part check upon the diet of the patient, take readings of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and breathing
- Regularly check whether the patient is properly following the prescription and any other treatments
- Enquire about your health and any sort of pain experienced
- Check on the safety of the patient at home, whether any medical device is needed for the care of the patient and its feasibility at home
- Educate the patient about self-care
- And most importantly regularly co – ordinate with the doctor to provide a proper course of health care.